Dolphin Diving - Boat Sales Uk
New & used Sail boats, Yachts, Leisure Cruisers and Motor boats for sale & charter in the Uk.
Most of our Boats for Sale and Charter are in the south of the Uk in Torquay, Devon, but we also have boats for sale nationwide.
Some of our services include:
- * Antifouling
- * Underwater hull cleaning
- * Crane hire
- * High pressure washing
- * Valeting
- * Machine buffing
- * Hand wax polishing
- * Volvo engine & outdrives service
- * Boat covers & warps
Read more info on our Services
page or Contact us for a quote
Dolphin Diving have been online since the year 2000 & established since 1978.
Dolphin Diving have teamed up with Velos Insurance Services who provide top quality boat & yachts insurance at good rates and offer expert advice. They can assist with tailoring your policy to your needs. Click below to find out how Velos can assist you:
Boat Insurance Uk
How to Buy a Boat
5 Factors to Keep in Mind When Purchasing a New Build Boat
Purchasing a new boat is a significant investment that requires a sufficient amount of thought and research to make sure you buy the ideal vessel for your needs and requirements and to ensure the process is completed as smoothly as possible. Regardless of whether you are an experienced seaman or are completely new to the scene, this 5-part series of articles will guide you through the most important factors that will contribute to effectively answering the question “How to Buy a Boat?”
One of the first things that you will have to decide is whether to go for a second hand vessel or a new build. For those who have opted for a brand new boat, here are 5 factors worth keeping in mind.
1. Make sure that boat safety scheme standards have been met throughout the build of the boat including its equipment.
2. Understand all on going legal requirements before making the purchase possible through advice from a lawyer
3. Contact the relevant navigation authority and request a valid certificate of compliance
4. When your vessel is purchased from abroad you will need to make sure it is marked to certify compliance with “CE”
5. For commercial operation you must adhere to MCA codes of practice.
5 Factors to Keep in Mind When Purchasing a Second-hand Boat
Boats are by no means a cheap purchase and the significant expense is part of the reason that so much care and attention needs to be made before making the purchase. Make sure that you understand the entire process and have made the necessary checks before parting with any money. One method that can be used in order to reduce the price is to purchase a second hand vessel rather than a brand new one. There are still a number of factors that you should keep in mind before signing on the dotted line so the 5 tips to buying a second hand boat that are listen below should prove useful.
1. Always agree to the sale in the form of a written contract rather than a verbal one.
2. Inspect the vessel with the seller and together create a signed inventory of all items and equipment that will be included in the sale.
3. Although the typical industry regarding the deposit is 10%, you (the buyer) are free to negotiate a lesser amount if you wish.
4. When using a yacht broker to organize the sale, make sure in advance that they are part of an industry-approved organization with public liability insurance.
5. Always have a survey carried out of the vessel and make it clear that your offer depends on the results.